You defeated Klarg. It wasn’t easy. From other goblins you were able to learn the following:
- Klarg answers to King Grol, cheif of the Cragmaw tribe, who dwells in Cragmaw Castle.
- You know roughly where Cragmaw Castle is. Somewhere in the Neverwinter Wood.
- Klarg received a message from Grol a dew days ago. The messenger told him that someone named the Black Spider was paying the Cragmaws to watch out for the dwarf Rockseeker, capture him, and send him and anything he was carrying back to King Grol.
Back in Phandalin
You weren’t able to bring back the barrels and supplies you found from the hideout. But you were able to draw a map for Linene Graywind, owner of the Lionsheild Coster. She rewarded you for your trouble.
Bo and a few other spent some time with Sister Garaele. They learned of a quest that was handed down by her superiors. One that she’s failed at completed, so far. The Harpers are looking for a spell book that belonged to the legendary mage known as Bowgentle. She believes a banshee named Agatha may know where to find it. She’s asking the group to go to Agatha with an item she may covet in exchange for the information. Garaele, knowing about other matters, also mentions Agatha may be able to divine the location of the Wave Echo Cave…
A little asking around reveal nothing on where they other Rockseeker brothers might be.
At breakfast, the group was challenge by a number of Redbrands. One escaped back up the road toward Tresendar Manor, explaining that The Black Spider and Glassstaff can do their own dirty work.
You know 2 things for sure:
- The Wave Echo Cave is something you don’t want falling under the control of the wrong
people, so you need to find it.
- Gundren should be at Cragmaw castle